Improving the 'Get Haskell Experience'

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 15:58:19 BST 2015

On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 10:50 AM, Doug McIlroy <doug at cs.dartmouth.edu>
wrote:

> While "Improving the 'Get Haskell Experience'" is up for discussion,
> I'd like again to ask for a way to circumvent hscolour at Hackage/Hayoo,
> which offer to serve up Haskell "source".

Hayoo is not a service that anyone here can do anything about. Try email to
hayoo at fh-wedel.de. That said, it does rely on hackage for source... but
would still likely need modification there as well as on Hackage,

> Unfortunately the source one gets from H/H is decorated like a ransom
> note and cannot be fed to a compiler or editor. This is silly--to have

I've never had trouble copy-pasting... if you're just saving the page, that
might be a problem though. (I just have never trusted that.)
Note that trusting the source you get from those is dubious anyway, as what
source you get can depend on what platform it was generated on!

It might be nice (but likely also difficult) to provide an additional link
to the upstream repo though.