Improving the 'Get Haskell Experience'

Doug McIlroy doug at cs.dartmouth.edu
Mon Jul 20 15:50:04 BST 2015

While "Improving the 'Get Haskell Experience'" is up for discussion,
I'd like again to ask for a way to circumvent hscolour at Hackage/Hayoo,
which offer to serve up Haskell "source".

Unfortunately the source one gets from H/H is decorated like a ransom
note and cannot be fed to a compiler or editor. This is silly--to have
source at one's fingertips and not be able to use it. (It is also unkind
to people like me who grew up reading monochrome text and find spattered
color to be distracting.)

Doug McIlroy