2012.2.0.0 last call on open issues

Mark Lentczner mark.lentczner at gmail.com
Sun May 20 17:52:52 BST 2012

Last call on the following open issues with 2012.2.0.0 release. Unless I
hear hew-and-cry here by end of day tomorrow (PDT), this where they stand
and how I'm going to call 'em:

[ ] GLUT 2.1.2.2

   - This would be just like 2.1.2.1 with Chris' one-line change of
   "extra-libraries: glut"
   - My call is to include it if it is up on hackage by tomorrow evening
   (PDT)

[ ] GHC 7.4.1 or 7.4.2

   - This is a hard call: 7.4.2 looks like it might make it out the door
   before HP
   - Various distro's would likely feel queasy with this being so close
   - I feel queasy with it being so close
   - My call is to leave it at 7.4.1
   - As for a potential 2012.2.1.0 (it wouldn't be a minor change) that is
   based on 7.4.2 — I don't know that any of us have it in us to do all that
   work right on the heels of this release. Let's wait a month and see how
   things shake out.

[ ] just-released xhtml-3000.2.1

   - I've reviewed it and it is a simple, but long desired, API add.
   - My call is to include it

- Mark