Windows installer 2011.4.0.0 RC1

Mikhail Glushenkov the.dead.shall.rise at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 21:56:25 GMT 2011

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 7:39 PM, Mark Lentczner <mark at glyphic.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 4:31 AM, Mikhail Glushenkov
> <the.dead.shall.rise at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've uploaded the first 2011.4.0.0 release candidate installer to
>>
>> http://code.haskell.org/~refold/HaskellPlatform-2011.4.0.0-rc1-setup.exe
>>
>> MD5: 67a82e5c93b8fdb95ca50102a8af68bf
>>
>> Unless someone finds serious bugs in this RC, it can be released
>> unchanged.
>

> Is it good to go? If so, I'll move it into position on lambda.haskell.org
> and rename it.

I'm not aware of any issues with this RC.

>> What's new in 2011.4.0.0-rc1:
>>
>>    * "Just unpack" install type renamed to "Portable".
>

> Does this mean the text on the Windows page of the Haskell Platform site
> needs to change? If so, you can either edit the Markdown source in the
> haskell-platform repo, or send me the edits.

Looking at

http://hackage.haskell.org/platform/windows.html

I don't see the install type mentioned anywhere, so I guess it's not needed.

>>    * Installer now shows a license agreement.
>

> Really? Which one? When I asked about this long ago when making the Mac
> installer, we decided not to show any as there were several involved, making
> the situation "complex". (Not to mention that the EU has recently ruled that
> clicking through such things does not imply that anyone's read them.)

The same one that the GHC installer uses:

http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/browser/distrib/windows-installer-licences.txt

It lists several licenses, including GPL, LGPL and BSD3.

--
()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
/\  www.asciiribbon.org   - against proprietary attachments