Windows installer 2011.4.0.0 RC1

Mark Lentczner mark at glyphic.com
Fri Dec 16 18:39:38 GMT 2011

On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 4:31 AM, Mikhail Glushenkov <
the.dead.shall.rise at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've uploaded the first 2011.4.0.0 release candidate installer to
>
> http://code.haskell.org/~refold/HaskellPlatform-2011.4.0.0-rc1-setup.exe
>
> MD5: 67a82e5c93b8fdb95ca50102a8af68bf
>
> Unless someone finds serious bugs in this RC, it can be released unchanged.

Is it good to go? If so, I'll move it into position on
lambda.haskell.organd rename it.

> What's new in 2011.4.0.0-rc1:
>
>    * "Just unpack" install type renamed to "Portable".

Does this mean the text on the Windows page of the Haskell Platform site
needs to change? If so, you can either edit the Markdown source in the
haskell-platform repo, or send me the edits.

>    * Installer now shows a license agreement.

Really? Which one? When I asked about this long ago when making the Mac
installer, we decided not to show any as there were several involved,
making the situation "complex". (Not to mention that the EU has recently
ruled that clicking through such things does not imply that anyone's read
them.)