[Chart] poll: migrate to github ?

Ben Gamari bgamari.foss at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 18:05:23 BST 2012

Tim Docker <tim at dockerz.net> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Several users have suggested that they would like to see the chart
> library code move to github. I've resisted this because I generally
> prefer darcs over git for small projects. However, I can see that the
> social aspects of github are potentially valuable, and git has more
> mainstream acceptance.

I think that these reasons certainly do carry some weight. While I have
personally grown fond of darcs as I've used it (originally coming from
Git), it seems that the rest of the world has more or less settled on
Git. Consequently, I think moving to Git could only help gain
contributors to the project. That being said, this isn't a strong
opinion.

Cheers,

- Ben