Windows installer 2012.4.0.0 RC1

Jason Dagit dagitj at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 19:59:57 BST 2012

On Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 8:29 AM, Mikhail Glushenkov <
the.dead.shall.rise at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jason,
>
> On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 11:13 PM, Jason Dagit <dagitj at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> https://github.com/haskell-opengl/OpenGL/commit/0de14b7378e3c3fde88b472bd21a80d61fd5ef48
>
> It's an OpenGL commit. Does it fix the problem in GLUT?

Sorry, I must have confused things. I'll have to test it and get back to
you. Better yet, I need to make sure travis-ci builds the haddocs.

> > But where will the modified source live? Only on hackage?
>
> On a special branch in the repo maybe?
>
> > Basically, we would have to add the following packages to the platform
> if we
> > want to include the latest OpenGL packages:
> >   * OpenGLRaw
> >   * GLURaw
>
> These are probably not controversial.
>
> >   * StateVar
> >   * ObjectName
> >   * Tensor
>
> Maybe you could put them in a library called something like
> OpenGL-common and then in the .cabal file do:

It's not an idea I had considered previously, but I don't like it because
it causes the package to have a different API depending on how it was built.

I asked Edward Kmett about using the lens library instead of StateVar and
he said it won't work very well for that use case (yet).

I'll have to think about it more.

Jason