Windows installer 2012.4.0.0 RC1

Mikhail Glushenkov the.dead.shall.rise at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 16:29:51 BST 2012

Hi Jason,

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 11:13 PM, Jason Dagit <dagitj at gmail.com> wrote:
> https://github.com/haskell-opengl/OpenGL/commit/0de14b7378e3c3fde88b472bd21a80d61fd5ef48

It's an OpenGL commit. Does it fix the problem in GLUT?

> But where will the modified source live? Only on hackage?

On a special branch in the repo maybe?

> Basically, we would have to add the following packages to the platform if we
> want to include the latest OpenGL packages:
>   * OpenGLRaw
>   * GLURaw

These are probably not controversial.

>   * StateVar
>   * ObjectName
>   * Tensor

Maybe you could put them in a library called something like
OpenGL-common and then in the .cabal file do:

flag haskell-platform

if haskell-platform:
   build-depends: OpenGL-common
   cpp-options: -DHASKELL_PLATFORM
else
   build-depends: StateVar, ObjectName, Tensor

And in the source:

#ifdef HASKELL_PLATFORM
import Graphics.OpenGL.Common.StateVar
#else
import Data.StateVar
#endif

Granted, it'll add some noise to the import section and you'll also
have to do a release of OpenGL-common each time you update one of
these packages (though it doesn't look like they are updated that
often), but I think it will be less controversial this way.