Windows installer 2012.4.0.0 RC1

George Colpitts george.colpitts at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 16:57:34 BST 2012

inline below

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 5:13 PM, Jason Dagit <dagitj at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 1:53 PM, Mikhail Glushenkov <
> the.dead.shall.rise at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Jason,
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 8:24 PM, Jason Dagit <dagitj at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > If you test this, please let me know what you learn.
>>
>> OK.
>>
>> > It may be possible to backport this. Unfortunately, it's not as easy as
>> it
>> > should be. I believe the version of the OpenGL libraries in the
>> platform are
>> > before the low-level bindings were factored out of the high level
>> packages.
>> > This means that I don't know if the the release that needs the backport
>> is
>> > even in the repository history.
>>
>> Can you point me at the commit you're talking about? Maybe I can
>> backport it myself.
>>

> https://github.com/haskell-opengl/OpenGL/commit/0de14b7378e3c3fde88b472bd21a80d61fd5ef48
> But where will the modified source live? Only on hackage?
>

>> > From my point of view, it would be ideal if the HP could use the most
>> recent
>> > versions of the OpenGL packages.
>>
>> I did not follow that discussion. What are the reasons not to ship the
>> most recent versions?
>>

> One problem is that when the libraries were refactored they were split
> into different packages. For example, we have OpenGL and OpenGLRaw now,
> with OpenGLRaw containing the lowest level binding to the C api. The *Raw
> packages are not yet in the HP. In addition to the *Raw packages, StateVar,
> Tensor, and ObjectName were also factored out.
>
> Basically, we would have to add the following packages to the platform if
> we want to include the latest OpenGL packages:
>   * OpenGLRaw
>   * GLURaw
>   * StateVar
>   * ObjectName
>   * Tensor

I'm confused, These packages appear to already have been added to the
platform, at least on the Mac. I assume the Haskell Platform has the same
packages on all the various OSes. On the Mac:

 cabal update
Downloading the latest package list from hackage.haskell.org
Note: there is a new version of cabal-install available.
To upgrade, run: cabal install cabal-install
bash-3.2$ cabal install openGL
Resolving dependencies...
All the requested packages are already installed:
OpenGL-2.5.0.0
Use --reinstall if you want to reinstall anyway.
bash-3.2$ cabal install openGLRaw
Resolving dependencies...
All the requested packages are already installed:
OpenGLRaw-1.2.0.0
Use --reinstall if you want to reinstall anyway.
bash-3.2$ cabal install GLURaw
Resolving dependencies...
All the requested packages are already installed:
GLURaw-1.2.0.0
Use --reinstall if you want to reinstall anyway.
bash-3.2$ cabal install StateVar
Resolving dependencies...
All the requested packages are already installed:
StateVar-1.0.0.0
Use --reinstall if you want to reinstall anyway.
bash-3.2$ cabal install ObjectName
Resolving dependencies...
All the requested packages are already installed:
ObjectName-1.0.0.0
Use --reinstall if you want to reinstall anyway.
bash-3.2$ cabal install Tensor
Resolving dependencies...
All the requested packages are already installed:
Tensor-1.0.0.1