Windows installer 2012.4.0.0 RC1

Jason Dagit dagitj at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 20:02:31 BST 2012

On Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 8:57 AM, George Colpitts
<george.colpitts at gmail.com>wrote:

> inline below
>
> On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 5:13 PM, Jason Dagit <dagitj at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 1:53 PM, Mikhail Glushenkov <
>> the.dead.shall.rise at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Jason,

>>> OK.

>>> as it
>>> platform are
>>> packages.
>>> backport is
>>>
>>> Can you point me at the commit you're talking about? Maybe I can
>>> backport it myself.
>>>

>> https://github.com/haskell-opengl/OpenGL/commit/0de14b7378e3c3fde88b472bd21a80d61fd5ef48
>> But where will the modified source live? Only on hackage?

>>> recent
>>>
>>> I did not follow that discussion. What are the reasons not to ship the
>>> most recent versions?
>>>

>> One problem is that when the libraries were refactored they were split
>> into different packages. For example, we have OpenGL and OpenGLRaw now,
>> with OpenGLRaw containing the lowest level binding to the C api. The *Raw
>> packages are not yet in the HP. In addition to the *Raw packages, StateVar,
>> Tensor, and ObjectName were also factored out.
>>
>> Basically, we would have to add the following packages to the platform if
>> we want to include the latest OpenGL packages:
>>   * OpenGLRaw
>>   * GLURaw
>>   * StateVar
>>   * ObjectName
>>   * Tensor
>>

> I'm confused, These packages appear to already have been added to the
> platform, at least on the Mac. I assume the Haskell Platform has the same
> packages on all the various OSes. On the Mac:

You can see the list of packages that should be in the platform here:
https://github.com/haskell/haskell-platform/blob/pre-release/haskell-platform.cabal

Those versions are fairly different from what you have installed. Do you
think you could have 'cabal install'ed something that upgraded them?

By the way, `ghc-pkg list` is probably a faster way to see what you have
installed.

Jason