[haskell-llvm] LLVM and Cabal 1.10.0.0

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Mon Dec 13 06:07:34 EST 2010

On Sun, 12 Dec 2010, Maciej Piechotka wrote:

> On Sun, 2010-12-12 at 14:57 +0100, Henning Thielemann wrote:
>>
>> Is testing for the GHC version with a CPP macro the right thing? What if I
>> use Cabal-1.10 with GHC-6.10?
>
> I belive that the test already was done by checking GHC version. Also
> does cabal 1.10 build against ghc 6.10?

I have successfully installed Cabal-1.10 with GHC-6.10. Since Cabal is
written in really plain Haskell 98, it should also work with earlier
versions.

I did find out, why my use of flagToMaybe worked for me, but not for you:
With my GHC-6.10 that part of code was hidden by the preprocessor. I
think, if we use a 'case' we need neither flagToList nor flagToMaybe,
because we can match on Flag and NoFlag constructors.