[haskell-llvm] LLVM and Cabal 1.10.0.0

Maciej Piechotka uzytkownik2 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 09:07:04 EST 2010

On Sun, 2010-12-12 at 14:57 +0100, Henning Thielemann wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Dec 2010, Maciej Piechotka wrote:
>
> > Using documentation and doing some testing I baked such patch.
>
> Is testing for the GHC version with a CPP macro the right thing? What if I
> use Cabal-1.10 with GHC-6.10?

I belive that the test already was done by checking GHC version. Also
does cabal 1.10 build against ghc 6.10?

On Sun, 2010-12-12 at 14:55 +0100, Henning Thielemann wrote:
On Sun, 12 Dec 2010, Maciej Piechotka wrote:

> >> This would work with GHC-6.10.4, too. However using 'flagToMaybe'
is
> >> closer to what is currently in Setup.hs:
> >>
> >>      packageDb = case flagToMaybe (regPackageDB regFlags) of
> >>                      Just db -> db
> >>                      Nothing -> [GlobalPackageDB,
> >>                                  registrationPackageDB
(withPackageDB lbi)]

> >> I don't know anything about the implications.
> >>

> > Main implication is that it does not type check with Cabal 1.10.0.0
> > imagine:
>
> I see. It is not just, that GlobalPackageDB must be added for
Cabal-1.10,
> but something else has changed, too. However I cannot figure out a
> difference in flagToMaybe, flagToList, and regPackageDB.

flagToList works the same as flagToMaybe. i.e.
Just x <-> [x]
Nothing <-> []
Flag cannot contain many values

Flag cannot contain many packages.

regPackageDb gets Flag of package database llvm is suppose to register
to from RegisterFlags.

> Do you know, what has changed?

No. I don't know Cabal very well. It was tested rather as builds or not.

> Anyway, I have pushed your patch to llvm repository.

Thanks

Regards