quickcheck and ghci

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Tue Apr 26 05:46:45 BST 2011

Hi Joey,

Am Montag, den 25.04.2011, 15:29 -0400 schrieb Joey Hess:
> Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > unfortunately, that seems to be the case. Or, if you want to go through
> > the trouble, make a build-time check whether to build and run the tests.
> >
> > Additionally, it could help if occasionaly people let upstream know that
> > we would be glad to have TH support on all arches. But without people
> > actually tackling the issues, I don’t expect much changes.
>
> Isn't this a regression from ghc 6? libghc6-quickcheck2-dev was available
> everywhere.

unfortunately, yes. 2.1.0.3 was not using QuickCheck yet.

I’m adding the quickcheck developers to the CC (I hope their mailing
list accepts non-subscriber posts). Here is the issue:

Quickcheck started to use TH which is not available on all
architectures, which causes problems. Do you really _need_ TH or could
you, using some copy’n’pasting, achieve the same without? And if you
really need it, could you imagine making it optional, via a flag?

Thanks,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner