NLP parser in Haskell?

dokondr dokondr at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 16:10:05 BST 2011

I asked this question several month ago, and ask again in hope for some new
development.
Ideally I would like to find Haskell libraries similar to:
The Stanford Statistical Parser
http://nlp.stanford.edu/software/lex-parser.shtml
or:
NLProcessor by Infogistics
http://www.infogistics.com/textanalysis.html

Both of the above do: tokenization, capitalized word normalization,
sentence segmentation, part-of-speech tagging and syntactic chunking.

Again ideally it would be possible to pass NLP parser a sentence and get
back an output, similar to what Stanford Parser provides. For example:
http://nlp.stanford.edu:8080/parser/
Your query
*Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.*
Tagging
 Colorless/JJ
 green/JJ
 ideas/NNS
 sleep/VBP
 furiously/RB
 ./.
  Parse

(ROOT
  (S
    (NP (JJ Colorless) (JJ green) (NNS ideas))
    (VP (VBP sleep)
      (ADVP (RB furiously)))
    (. .)))

 Typed dependencies