":module Main.hs" vs ":module *Main.hs"

Yuras Shumovich shumovichy at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 12:57:13 EDT 2009

Hi!

I tried to use ghci with leksah and found the next problem:
I have Main module in Main.hs file. The "main" function is not
exported from the module, so the export list is empty.
When I press "run" button with ghci enabled leksah does ":module Main"
before ":main". Ghci fails to run program (main is not in scope).
I changed leksah sources to do ":module *Main" to make it full
top-level scope and it fixes the problem for me.
But what is the best way? Should I export "main" function? And why did
leksah developers choose not to use *-form of the ":module" command?

(ghc: 6.10.3, leksah: darcs version from lersah-head)

Yuras