could you do a language-c release that uses 7.8 compat happy and alex?

Benedikt Huber benedikt.huber at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 18:48:54 BST 2014

Hi Anthony,

I looked at your changes for Apple's attribute syntax using diff:

- The value assigned to the attribute is silently discarded, right? As
the result of the attribute parser is a CExpr, it seems more natural to
return a CAssign statement that keeps both the left- and right-hand-side.

- We should reference the specific extension addressed. A look at the
clang parser shows that they use different special-purpose parsers for
different attributes - in this case the "availability attribute", see
http://llvm.org/releases/3.1/tools/clang/docs/LanguageExtensions.html#availability.

- I think it is a ok to avoid custom attribute parsers and simply extend
the grammar to allow assignments, as you did, although parsing versions
as floating-point numbers is probably not 100% future proof ;)

Would you mind preparing a patch, either against the darcs repo or the
github mirror (http://github.com/visq/language-c forked from Carter's
import)?

cheers, benedikt