language.c: support for statements in MonadTrav

Benedikt Huber benedikt.huber at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 10:35:02 GMT 2011

On 01.02.2011, at 09:17, Joe Thornber wrote:

> On 31 January 2011 21:56, Benedikt Huber <benedikt.huber at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Background info on the status of language-c:
>> while the parser/pretty printer stuff is more or
>> less completed (already as of 0.3), the analysis is still work-in-
>> progress.
>
> I really think language.c should be split into two modules.  One
> containing the parser and pretty printer which is mature, and has
> clear requirements, and the other with the analysis in it.  Doing this
> leaves room for people to implement their own analysis modules.
Ok, but there should be a clear advantage in having two packages.
I do not quite understand why one has  'more room to implement
their own analysis module'? One advantage is see is that less
updates are necessary to follow 'language-c-core', instead of
all of language-c.
Anyway, I think this is a reasonable idea, but as it requires
some work (two repositories, for instance), it would only make
sense if someone wants to work actively on the analysis module
and take over the maintenance of the new code repository.

cheers, benedikt