2012.2.0.0 final count down

Mark Lentczner mark.lentczner at gmail.com
Sun May 27 15:13:29 BST 2012

On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 3:49 AM, Mikhail Glushenkov <
the.dead.shall.rise at gmail.com> wrote:

> Update: I got sick, but will hopefully be able to put together the RC
> installer today or tomorrow.

Hope you're feeling better!

I've put up an rc3 source tarball, if you wan to work with that. Otherwise,
the tip of the git repo, on the pre-release branch is at the same point.

Haskell Platform 2012.2.0.0 32bit
rc1.pkg<http://www.ozonehouse.com/mark/platform/haskell-platform-2012.2.0.0-rc3.tar.gz>

haskell/haskell-platform at
pre-release<https://github.com/haskell/haskell-platform/tree/pre-release>

I'm battling one last bug in the Mac installer(*), and will upload RC3
releases for it today.

  - Mark

(*) For the curious: I'm trying to get it to install and work on systems
that have Xcode 4.3 installed, but where the user didn't do the additional
step of installing the command line tools. Turns out the command line tools
are already installed, just not at /usr/bin. While it would be easy to just
tell people to install the command line tools - it seems like a double
whammy after they've just installed Xcode since now they'd have to wait
while Xcode downloads and installs another ~150MB copy of the tools! It's
already tripping some people up. If I can't make it work - then I need to
at least give a detailed installer message as to what they need to do next!