package versions for 2012.2.0.0

Don Stewart dons00 at gmail.com
Sun May 6 15:15:49 BST 2012

Thanks Mark.

Some comments:

* random: yep, we just move it into the library set.
* deepseq is in the list of supported libs, so we just have to make sure it
is on every system - if it comes with ghc that's ok.
* integer-* aren't parts of the platform, so we don't explicitly require
them (same with hoopl, dph etc)
* bump alex
* OpenGL -- that's a tough one.

With   OpenGL we are stalled - the package addition policy says that we
have to get things like "ObjectNAme" and "StateVar" would have to be
blessed for inclusion -- this will never happen.

We need a version of OpenGL where those libs are private to OpenGL, and not
exposed to regular Haskell users, then we can upgrade. Time has shown that
they are small utilitiy libs only used by the GL package, so I think: /they
should be folded into OpenGL, with maintainer support, then we can upgrade
safely.

Jason can likely help us with this.

-- Don