Changes to GHC that will expose new packages

Mark Lentczner mark at glyphic.com
Sun Mar 25 20:48:28 BST 2012

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 3:12 PM, Magnus Therning <magnus at therning.org>wrote:

> I see no difference between HP and other packagers; we all are in the
> business of providing GHC and a choice of tools and libraries.  To be
> a bit blunt: HP is a package of Haskell for platforms with poor
> package managers (read Windows).

To be equally blunt: I see users who use HP for Mac and Windows get up and
running easily. I see users that don't have "poor package managers" (read
Linux distros) struggle constantly in #haskell, even with HP. As a separate
thread, we should think about how to improve the situation for those with
good package managers!

 - Mark