Haskell platform proposal: the async package

PÁLI Gábor János pali.gabor at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 13 21:04:43 BST 2012

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 6:08 PM, Chris Dornan <chris at chrisdornan.com> wrote:
> The Haskell Platform helps the community prioritise packages covering
> critical areas that should be stabilised and maintained across a broad range
> of environments.

As far I recall, HP was also created with factoring out packages (e.g.
QuickCheck, or random recently) from the GHC distribution in mind.
This helps to update those packages independently (and possibly more
regularly) than if one would have to wait for each new GHC to
stabilize and release.

And as the GHC home page says (e.g. [1]): "The current Haskell
Platform release includes a recent GHC release as well as some other
tools (such as cabal), and a larger set of libraries that are known to
work together."

[1] http://www.haskell.org/ghc/download_ghc_7_4_2