Haskell platform proposal: the async package

Chris Dornan chris at chrisdornan.com
Wed Jun 13 17:08:40 BST 2012

> > Point taken. However, I don't think that the main goal of the platform
> > is to provide a Windows installer for hard-to-install libraries.
>
> Well, it's one of the major ones.

Yes indeed.

The Haskell Platform helps the community prioritise packages covering
critical areas that should be stabilised and maintained across a broad range
of environments.

Hackage is a delightful anarchic zoo but navigating your way round it can be
quite a challenge for the uninitiated -- the platform is probably your best
friend and guide while you building up the map.

Granted, much of it is resolving a co-ordination and communication problem,
but I would say no less important for that.

Chris