Help needed on Unix Distros for 2012.2.0.0 and in general

Mark Lentczner mark.lentczner at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 02:04:31 BST 2012

I have merged the pre-release branch into master and tagged it
2012.2.0.0<https://github.com/haskell/haskell-platform/tree/2012.2.0.0>.
The 2012.2.0.0 .cabal file and spec can now be considered stable, and can
be used to build Haskell Platform distributions.

If you maintain a Linux based distribution, you can now (if you haven't
already) go ahead and build and package based on that.

While most distros look like they are on track, we need help with these:

*Arch Linux* - the link on the linux page for HP points to a non-existent
package <http://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/i686/haskell-platform/>"haskell-platform".
Searching the arch site, I couldn't find a package that
corresponded to the platform. Anyone know what's up here?

*Gentoo* - the link on the linux page for HP points to a haskell wiki
page<http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Gentoo/HaskellPlatform> which
is very out of date (references GHC 6.12). Can someone update that page?

*Open BSD* - the link on the linux page for HP points to a page that
says<http://openports.se/meta/haskell-platform>"NOTICE: This package
no longer exists in Ports". The version listed is
2011.4.0.0. Anyone know what's up here?

*Mint* - latest version is
2011.2.0.1.2<http://community.linuxmint.com/software/view/haskell-platform>.
Is anyone updating this?

*Mandriva* - the link on the linux page for HP points to a wiki
page<http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Development/Tasks/Packaging/Policies/Haskell>that
is three years old. Is this information still relevant?

 - Mark