failure of GHC 7.0.4 on OS X

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Sat Sep 24 13:33:59 BST 2011

On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 04:51:03PM -0700, Mark Lentczner wrote:

> I think what this means is that something about the built version of
> HSinteger-gmp in the 7.0.4 distribution isn't compatible with code compiled
> on my system. I'm running Xcode 3.2.3 on OS 10.7. Googling of this error
> resulted in other projects having this problem with libgmp compilations, but
> usually the issue was some conflict between macports versions of GMP vs. a
> non-macports version. Was the 7.0.4 release built on a macports based build?

It was built on a Mac with:

    $ xcodebuild -version
    Xcode 3.2.6
    Component versions: DevToolsCore-1809.0; DevToolsSupport-1806.0
    BuildVersion: 10M2518

Without gmp installed:

    $ echo '#include <gmp.h>' | gcc -E -
    # 1 "<stdin>"
    # 1 "<built-in>"
    # 1 "<command-line>"
    # 1 "<stdin>"
    <stdin>:1:17: error: gmp.h: No such file or directory

I had installed some MacPorts packages in the past, but they are all
uninstalled now:

    $ port installed
    Warning: port definitions are more than two weeks old, consider using selfupdate
    No ports are installed.

Incidentally, future builds will be made on a more up-to-date Mac.

Thanks
Ian