time in 2009.2.1

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Sun May 31 12:29:37 EDT 2009

On Sun, 2009-05-31 at 11:07 +0100, Duncan Coutts wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-05-31 at 05:48 +0200, Mikhail Glushenkov wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > ghc-6.10.3 ships with time-1.1.3, but we list time-1.1.2.4 in
> > haskell-platform.cabal. Shouldn't this library be upgraded?
>
> Aarg. Again, they've managed to release ghc with a library that is not
> in a release state. There is no 1.1.3 on hackage, it's presumably some
> random darcs snapshot.
>
> Perhaps we should replace it with a released version. I don't see how we
> can preserve the API otherwise.
>
> Opinions?

So, I'm more or less convinced that we should just ship time-1.1.2.4.
For those installers where we include ghc (ie windows atm) I see no
reason not to remove any existing lib. For the users of the generic
tarball they'd end up with two versions but that's no great problem.

For Windows we start from just the core libs though right? not from ghc
+ extralibs, or am I wrong?

Duncan