Task of the HP steering committee

Isaac Dupree ml at isaac.cedarswampstudios.org
Thu Aug 6 18:51:58 EDT 2009

Duncan Coutts wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-08-05 at 10:38 -0400, Isaac Dupree wrote:
>> Duncan Coutts wrote:
>>> Maintainers propose their own packages, providing their own assessment
>>> against a set of criteria.
>> so if you're a random user/contributor then you have to ask your
>> favorite package's maintainer to propose their own package.
>
> That's my opinion, yes. If you think even that needs discussing then we
> can mention that when we propose it on the libs list.

well if I was a maintainer, I might be afflicted by a sort of modesty,
and I think a couple other Haskell people can feel that too when their
users are saying "we like this".  Of course it's good to make sure that
we(haskell-platform people) have maintainer's active consent, by
requiring them to "propose" it.  I wonder if I can come up with a
wording that makes me happy (since I think we agree on the actual
*procedure* we should have) -- probably not really important

-Isaac