[Haddock] Haddock markup support for properties

Simon Hengel sol at typeful.net
Fri Apr 27 07:11:20 BST 2012

(CCing the Haddock mailing list, Kazu Yamamoto and Simon Marlow)

Hi David,
Kazu Yamamoto is adding support for QuickCheck properties to doctest.
So we need to decide on concrete syntax for properties in Haddock
comments.  Previously we designated `prop>' for that[1].  Do you still
think this is a good choice?

Here is an example from [2].

    prop> isSearchPathSeparator a == (a == searchPathSeparator)

I'm asking because we recently discussed whether we need something akin
to JavaDoc's @, e.g. %.  If we would intend to introduce something like
that, then using %prop for properties may be an option.

    %prop isSearchPathSeparator a == (a == searchPathSeparator)

Cheers,
Simon

[2] http://trac.haskell.org/haddock/ticket/140
[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/filepath/1.3.0.0/doc/html/System-FilePath-Posix.html#v:isSearchPathSeparator