Xhtml / New Look to do list...

Mark Lentczner markl at glyphic.com
Thu Jul 29 15:43:46 EDT 2010

> Looks really good!

Thanks, I'm glad you are liking it. I think we've all done a really great job with it!

> Another problem that I found: the source links can fall to the line below the declaration (this happens for every declaration with IE but only for long enough type signatures with Chrome).
> Perhaps the source link should come before the type signature in the generated HTML?

I actually spent some time ensuring that it looked acceptable in that case. We made the declarations be nowrap, and as such, they can force a float to the next line. If we put the floated source link first, then the opposite will happen with long lines: The declaration will get pushed down below the line. I took the current solution to be the lesser of two evils. I think the source link at the right edge, under the declarations looks reasonable.

> I tested with IE 7 ... However, the contents page doesn't render correctly: the plus/minus buttons are overwritten by the module names.

This and the source link issue on IE 7 is quite annoying! Alas I only have access to IE 8 here and neither of these issues appears. Analytics of my open source project's web site (www.contextfreeart.org) that gets ~200 visitors a day shows that IE is only 12% of browsers (!) and IE 7 only 22% of that. Which is to say - I think we should try to fix the contents module issue (since it affects usability), but perhaps the source links are an "oh well"...

	- Mark

Mark Lentczner
http://www.ozonehouse.com/mark/
IRC: mtnviewmark