[Haddock] first post-survey version

David Waern david.waern at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 15:08:08 EDT 2010

2010/8/15 Mark Lentczner <markl at glyphic.com>:
> Here is my latest version for viewing:
>
> http://www.ozonehouse.com/mark/snap-xhtml/
>
> You'll notice that I've started including the containers package in there
> for comparison.
> Things changed in this version:
>
> • Completely redone font sizing, following the sage advice of A List Apart
> and the browser workarounds from the YUI 3. This should be "industry best
> practices" and matches what the "big boys" do. I admit, the main font size
> got a touch smaller. Every thing has been tweaked to be much more
> consistent, and is sized to match what "heavy hitters" in on-line
> documentation do.

I like the new look! It's a bit closer to Johan's google-esque CSS.

I notice that the contents box is now quite small in relation to the
module description on most pages. Perhaps the font in it should be
bigger? Same thing for the portabilty/stability/etc-box.

> • Switch to "Frames" button added for pages when they are viewed stand
> alone. This and the Style menu are now created in JavaScript on page load if
> appropriate, leaving the static markup cleaner. Also, means that w/o
> JavaScript these JS features are out of sight as they should be.

Great!

I had to upgrade my Firefox to get the buttons to render correctly.

> • Synopsis drawer layout issues seem fixed. It works on both FireFox and
> Chrome on my Mac, and in every browser I tested via BrowserShots(*).
> • Width restrictions on main body and synopsis drawer removed.
> • Some more white space between declarations (it had somehow gotten to only
> 0.5em!)
> • Hovering on headings no longer underlines them (since they aren't links.)
> • Synopsis tab arrows point right when expanded
> • Renamed "Source code" link at top to just "Source" to fit.
> • Improved JavaScript code for handling cookies.
>
> I still have a few more tweaks and issues to fix. Let me know how this works
> for you.

In Chrome on Windows all the code blocks have scroll bars.

David