[Haskell-cafe] Preview the new haddock look and take a short survey

Dino Morelli dino at ui3.info
Thu Aug 5 09:35:19 EDT 2010

On Wed, 4 Aug 2010, Mark Lentczner wrote:

> The Haddock team has spent the last few months revamping the look of the generated output. We're pretty close to done, but we'd like to get the community's input before we put it in the main release.
>
> Please take a look, and then give us your feedback through a short survey
>
> Sample pages:  http://www.ozonehouse.com/mark/snap-xhtml/index.html
> Frame version: http://www.ozonehouse.com/mark/snap-xhtml/frames.html

One thing I haven't seen anyone else comment on is the width of the new
docs. I have a large (26") monitor and use the browser full-screen (with
xmonad, so even more screen space). When I load these pages, particularly
the non-frame one, something like 50% of my screen real-estate is empty
whitespace on either side of the doc content. There is also wasted space
in the frames version, just a little less of it. I wish the docs were
using that space like the current Haddock does. Is the plan to use a
fixed width like this?

Please say no, it's a disappointing trend that you see everywhere. Like
Twitter's web interface, for instance, very narrow.

--
Dino Morelli  email: dino at ui3.info  web: http://ui3.info/d/  irc: dino-
pubkey: http://ui3.info/d/dino-4AA4F02D-pub.gpg  twitter: dino8352