[grapefruit] Can't fit tooltips into grapefruit "box" model

Wolfgang Jeltsch g9ks157k at acme.softbase.org
Fri May 15 16:10:40 EDT 2009

Am Freitag, 15. Mai 2009 21:30 schrieb Roman Cheplyaka:
> > I would not create a Tooltips object (tooltip group) everytime, the
> > tooltip signal changes, but only once per widget.
>
> Hence my question "how to do this in grapefruit" asked in the first
> mail.

Usually, you would create the tooltip group together with the widget.
Something similar is done in the implementation of list views and set views.
There, not only a widget is created, but also a corresponding model, for
example. Could you please have a look at the implementation of
Graphics.UI.Grapefruit.GTK.Backend.Container.listViewBrick to get an idea?

The problem regarding tooltips is that the tooltips signal should probably be
automatically available for any kind of widget, like IsEnable is. It’s
currently not supported that such an all-widgets signal depends on some other
object than the widget object. I’ll try to look at this problem when I find
the time. If you have a solution for this, please tell me.

Best wishes,
Wolfgang