[Chart] New minor release - 1.2.3

Tim Docker tim at dockerz.net
Sat Jun 28 13:08:08 BST 2014

I’ve just pushed a new update to hackage of all the chart packages.

Mostly this is just fixes to match changes in dependencies, although there are a few bug fixes. Thanks to Doug Burke and Ben Gamari for their contributions.

The additional dependencies gained by the chart library in the last 12 months (especially lens and diagrams) have made it somewhat more difficult to maintain. Through transitive dependencies the lib now depends on 65 packages. Despite always using cabal sandboxes, I seem to spend quite a bit of time working out why these dependencies can’t be built at any point in time. I guess this is what is referred to as “cabal-hell”.

Tim