[Chart] Bezier smoothing

Sacha Sokoloski sokolo at mis.mpg.de
Fri Apr 4 12:54:17 BST 2014

I'm just raising this point again to see if anyone feels inspired to
answer it.

So I'm still sitting on some nice code for generating contour plots in
Chart which I think would be of interest, but the primary problem is
that to make contour plots look good you need some kind of spline
interpolation. In general having the ability to apply spline
interpolation in Chart might be nice. I notice that Diagrams provides
tools for this, but of course we want to retain the ability to render in
the cairo backend directly, which means we would need some kind of
'native' tool.

Anyone have any thoughts about this?