Xmobar ignores dbus-send?

Jose A. Ortega Ruiz jao at gnu.org
Wed Mar 4 00:41:58 GMT 2015

On Wed, Mar 04 2015, Obszczymucha wrote:

> Hey!
>
> I've installed Xmobar with "with_dbus" flag and I'm trying to hide it using:
> dbus-send --session --dest=org.Xmobar.Control --type=method_call --print-reply '/org/Xmobar/Control' org.Xmobar.Control.SendSignal "string:Toggle"

Adding a numerical argument to Toggle makes the trick for me:

dbus-send --session --dest=org.Xmobar.Control --type=method_call --print-reply '/org/Xmobar/Control' org.Xmobar.Control.SendSignal "string:Toggle 0"

but i've forgotten why we added an argument here: it might be a bug (and
otherwise, it's the documentation that's wrong).

Does it work for you with an arg?

jao
--
You don’t stop doing things because you get old.
You get old because you stop doing things.