Xmobar ignores dbus-send?

Jochen Keil jochen.keil at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 12:59:56 GMT 2015

Hi,

On 04.03.2015 01:41, Jose A. Ortega Ruiz wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 04 2015, Obszczymucha wrote:
>
>> Hey!
>>
>> I've installed Xmobar with "with_dbus" flag and I'm trying to hide it using:
>> dbus-send --session --dest=org.Xmobar.Control --type=method_call --print-reply '/org/Xmobar/Control' org.Xmobar.Control.SendSignal "string:Toggle"
>
> Adding a numerical argument to Toggle makes the trick for me:
>
> dbus-send --session --dest=org.Xmobar.Control --type=method_call --print-reply '/org/Xmobar/Control' org.Xmobar.Control.SendSignal "string:Toggle 0"
>
> but i've forgotten why we added an argument here: it might be a bug (and
> otherwise, it's the documentation that's wrong).

since I implemented this feature, I have to apologize for the lack of
documentation here. If I remember correctly, the numerical argument is
used as a timeout for xmobar to hide itself again. I just don't know
anymore if it's seconds or tenth of seconds. Maybe you could try it out
with a positive number, e.g. 2, and see if xmobar behaves as described
above.

Best,
  Jochen