Approximate randomization tests

Daniël de Kok me at danieldk.eu
Sun Mar 24 11:48:56 GMT 2013

Hi again,

On Apr 3, 2012, at 2:20 PM, Daniël de Kok <me at danieldk.eu> wrote:
> To test the significance in the evaluation of (amongst other things) parse disambiguation and fluency ranking, I developed a module and two utilities for performing approximate randomization tests:
>
> https://github.com/danieldk/approx-rand-test

Months ago, I also added support for drawing histograms that show the score frequencies of the randomized samples, the statistic for the samples and the significance boundaries:

http://danieldk.eu/Software/art-hist.png

This requires Cairo and can be enabled with:

cabal install -fwithCairo

The 'w' option can then be used to write the histogram to a file. There is also an option (-h) for making ASCII art histograms, which are a bit less pretty ;):

http://www.let.rug.nl/~dekok/misc/art-histogram.png

-- Daniël