leksah-head: ltk and binary-shared packages

Matthew Sellers memeticd at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 21:42:14 EST 2009

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 4:44 AM, Mark Lentczner <markl at glyphic.com> wrote:

> On Dec 6, 2009, at 12:48 AM, Yuras Shumovich wrote:
> > The major new feature in the development repository is support for
> > complex projects, which are composed of more then one package. You now
> > have to open a so called Workspace and add packages to it.
>
> 2009/12/5 Jürgen Nicklisch-Franken <jnf at arcor.de>:
> > It's a very useful feature for complicated projects.
> > But is it possible to and something like "default Workspace" to be
> > able to open single .cabal file easily?
>
> I actually thought of coding up support in the other direction: It would be
> nice for Leksah to support projects that needed no more than "ghc --make" to
> build. Several of my co-workers are learning Haskell, and having to create a
> .cabal file just to compile their one and two module experiments is a bit
> high of a bar.
>
> I imagine that it would be nice if Leksah offered support three forms of
> project:
>        project build with just ghc --make (or just a single file build)
>        project based on a .cabal file
>        project based on a collection of the above
>
> I'd be interested to experiment with the above ideas and contribute... if I
> could only get Leksah to build.... (next post...)
>
>        - Mark

I would rather see Leksah remain using cabal files. Using cabal's files
allows for a much more natural integration into the Haskell build
environment than would otherwise be the case.

A cabal file setup wizard (especially if it focuses on importing existing
source files, which is awkward at the moment), would probably serve your use
case just as well.

--
Matthew Sellers