Building on Mac OS X

Mark Lentczner markl at glyphic.com
Sun Dec 6 13:53:59 EST 2009

I'm having some trouble building on Mac OS X. I have installed the GTK+ frameworks, and gtk2hs. However, the standard binary build of GTK+ doesn't seem to include gtsourceview2... so gtk2hs complains if I enable that, and then, of course, I can't build Leksah.

So - it looks like I'll have to configure and build GTK+ myself from source. The available instructions for that for the Mac look daunting as in filled with lots of additional software and libraries to pull and build and many options at every turn. Before I embark on that odyssey, is there perhaps a script for this used by the folks that build the binary distribution of Leksah?

On another tangent: GTK+ and Mac OS X don't seem to have that clear of a future. The information on the web is pretty grim. I see that there is work on a Cocoa bindings for Haskell. Is the Leksah code base such that it could be spilt to support two UI subsystems? If so, I'd love to put it on Cocoa - since gtsourceview2 has many bugs on Mac, making Leksah somewhat annoying to edit in.

	- Mark

Mark Lentczner
http://www.ozonehouse.com/mark/
mark at glyphic.com