trouble with gtksourceview2

Alexander Schell DealeyLama at gmx.de
Fri Apr 10 15:31:54 EDT 2009

Hello

Thanks for the suggestion...but it - I don't know because of waht - I'm
still not able to install leksah.
I've changed leksah's cabal-file to as suggested but a configure results
in the following warnings:

Configuring leksah-0.4.4.1...
Warning: This package indirectly depends on multiple versions of the same
package. This is highly likely to cause a compile failure.
package ghc-6.10.2 requires Cabal-1.6.0.3
package leksah-0.4.4.1 requires Cabal-1.7.0

The build abborts wit this error:

Preprocessing executables for leksah-0.4.4.1...
Building leksah-0.4.4.1...
[10 of 46] Compiling IDE.Core.Types   ( src/IDE/Core/Types.hs,
dist/build/leksah/leksah-tmp/IDE/Core/Types.o )
[11 of 46] Compiling IDE.Core.State   ( src/IDE/Core/State.hs,
dist/build/leksah/leksah-tmp/IDE/Core/State.o )
[12 of 46] Compiling IDE.FileUtils    ( src/IDE/FileUtils.hs,
dist/build/leksah/leksah-tmp/IDE/FileUtils.o )
[13 of 46] Compiling IDE.Metainfo.GHCUtils (
src/IDE/Metainfo/GHCUtils.hs,
dist/build/leksah/leksah-tmp/IDE/Metainfo/GHCUtils.o )

src/IDE/Metainfo/GHCUtils.hs:69:40:
    Couldn't match expected type
`Distribution.InstalledPackageInfo.InstalledPackageInfo_
                                    m'
           against inferred type
`Cabal-1.6.0.3:Distribution.InstalledPackageInfo.InstalledPackageInfo_
                                    ModuleName'
      Expected type:
[Distribution.InstalledPackageInfo.InstalledPackageInfo_
                        m]
      Inferred type: [PackageConfig]
    In the second argument of `map', namely `knownPackages'
    In the expression: map IPI.package knownPackages

I'm puzzled...   :(

Is there a step-by-step explanation how to install leksah anywhere?
Something the tells me about the dependencies and in which order wich
packages have to be installed in which version?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards

Alexander Schell