Could not start project in new interactive mode

Christopher Done chrisdone at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 18 08:45:27 BST 2012

On 18 April 2012 07:42, Kirill Zaborsky <qrilka at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to setup new interactive mode, I use examples/init.el and when I
> start new project (after hitting F5) I get message
> The Haskell process `xlsx-parser' has died. Restart? (y or n)
> and 'y' option does not work.
> Messages buffer does not show up anyting more than that.
> Is it possible to find out what goes wrong?
> I run Emacs 23.2.1 on Ubuntu Natty and GHC 7.0.4

In that case you must have cabal-dev enabled:

 '(haskell-process-type 'cabal-dev)

If you don't have cabal-dev it'll fail. Change this to

 '(haskell-process-type 'ghci)

If it ever breaks, you can always look in the *haskell-process-log*
buffer which shows what was actually sent to/from the piped process.

Does that solve your problem?

Ciao!