ANNOUNCE: haskell-mode 2.7.0

Dave Love fx at gnu.org
Tue Dec 8 09:21:32 EST 2009

ivan.miljenovic-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org (Ivan Lazar
Miljenovic) writes:

> I've got two potential problems with this:
>
> * For package maintenance purposes, the default inclusion of hlint could
>   cause some problems (for starters, in Gentoo haskell-mode is available
>   in the default repository, hlint is only available in the Haskell
>   overlay).

Why any more so than with references to all the other external tools you
can use with Emacs?  There's no reason to have Hugs or GHCi installed,
just because the mode supports them.

> * The "default" Hlint keybinding is C-c l:
>   http://community.haskell.org/~ndm/darcs/hlint/hlint.htm

I'm not sure I realized that existed, but that binding is simply wrong
according to the keybinding conventions.  (I actually use C-c l for
something else, relying on the conventions not to get it stamped on.)
The binding I used for checking is as consistent with other modes as I
could find when writing Python mode, and I copied that.