MacPorts and Homebrew

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 16:58:08 BST 2015

On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 11:53 AM, Ben Gamari <ben at smart-cactus.org> wrote:

> Do we have a plan for offering Haskell Platform packaging via MacPorts
> or Homebrew? Some users regard these systems as Linux users
> regard their distribution's package manager: they should be used if at
> all possible. To quote a friend of mine,

MacPorts already packages the Platform. My understanding is that Homebrew
has tried to but tends to run into problems; the current Platform was a
massive pain to massage into MacPorts packaging, so I can well understand
this. (Can we have the platform-description-via-cabal-file back? That made
it easy to use cabal-to-Portfile tooling,)