More platform packages

Thomas Schilling nominolo at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 31 19:11:19 GMT 2013

What if you wanted to use a package outside of the platform?  If a
platform package depends on it you have to use the version that came
with the platform, otherwise you get diamond dependency issues.
Therefore, if one of the platform packages depends on a package with a
less stable API you, in practise, have to use the platform version.

I agree with Mark, platform packages must only depend on other
platform packages (perhaps, there may be exceptional cases, but
they'll be rare).