More platform packages

Roman Cheplyaka roma at ro-che.info
Thu Jan 24 07:29:21 GMT 2013

* Mark Lentczner <mark.lentczner at gmail.com> [2013-01-23 19:35:25-0800]
> I'm with Chris on this: Once you've included it, it's in. That is - people
> will code against those packages - because, well, there they are! "levels
> of warranty" as listed on some web page aren't really going to imply much!

What is bad, exactly, about the fact that people will code against those
packages?
Once again, people can code against those packages anyway by installing
them from hackage.
It's hard to imagine anyone who would restrain themselves to HP.

(Not that I want to argue much about this, just trying to understand your
concerns better.)

By the way, it is possible to hide those packages (in the sense of
ghc-pkg hide) by default. But first of all — what problem are we
solving?

Roman