Windows installer 2012.4.0.0 RC1

Mikhail Glushenkov the.dead.shall.rise at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 17:59:39 BST 2012

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 7:07 AM, Jason Dagit <dagitj at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does this install the 32bit or 64bit version of GHC? For that matter, I
> can't find where it's documented which version of GHC you're shipping.

Only 32-bit, since 2012.4.0.0 still uses GHC 7.4.2.
The package spec is available here:
https://github.com/haskell/haskell-platform/blob/pre-release/haskell-platform.cabal

>>    * All libraries (except OpenGL and GLUT) are now built with
>> --enable-shared
>

> I don't recall hearing about this. OpenGL and GLUT now have bug trackers if
> you'd like to register a bug, although I think the HP is using outdated
> versions of those packages:

I bumped into it just yesterday. Maybe it's fixed in the newer
releases - I'll have to test.

> When testing with the 64bit version of GHC on windows I've been unable to
> get ghc to recognize glut32.dll. Something to keep in mind when the 64bit
> support is working better. It's also a package I'd like to deprecate in
> favor of GLFW-b (no official word on that yet though).

Hopefully that gets fixed before the next HP release. Otherwise we'll
maybe need to call the x64 version "experimental".

> One of the listed issues: No documentation for the GLUT library. Haddock
> fails on it for some reason.
>
> I received a patch for that today and it's already been applied, but that
> version is not on hackage yet.

Nice. Would it be possible to backport this patch?