very last HP mac release candidates for 2012.4.0.0

Albert Y. C. Lai trebla at vex.net
Tue Nov 6 01:48:52 GMT 2012

Jens Petersen <juhpetersen at ...> writes:

> Was it just me that had the problem below when building alex?
> (which I reported here on 23 Oct - sorry should probably have opened a
> ticket instead)
> Probably if happy appeared before alex in platform.packages, then it
> would be ok?
>
> Jens

[...]
> Building alex-3.0.2...
> Preprocessing executable 'alex' for alex-3.0.2...
> Setup: The program happy is required but it could not be found

If you did "make clean" before, which did rm -rf packages/*/dist, it would cause
alex to need happy.

Normally, alex comes with pre-charged files in its dist directory, not needing
happy.

Similarly, happy comes with pre-charged files in its dist directory, too. If you
did "make clean" before, it would cause happy to need happy. Re-ordering
platform.packages does not solve the real problem.

(It was not easy to find out.)