package versions for 2012.2.0.0

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Sun May 13 12:02:20 BST 2012

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 12.05.2012, 15:12 -0700 schrieb Mark Lentczner:

> [ ] mtl and transformers -- stick with 2.0 & 0.2 or move ahead to 2.1
> and 0.3?
>     -- I don't know enough of the issues to make a call here

looking at mtl only, the following packages packaged in Debian do
require mtl <2.1 and do not have a new version on hackage that fixes
that yet:

	darcs
	diagrams-cairo (in Debian still “diagrams”)
	ghc-events
	happstack-ixset (but its obsolete)
	happstack-state (dito)
	happstack-util (dito)
	haskeline
	leksah
	ltk
	template
	vty
	haskelldb
	rss2irc (but we are patching it's mtl dependency already)

A number of packages need to be upgraded by more than a minor version in
Debian to work with mtl 2.1; I hope these upgrades are not too
disruptive. This includes the zoo of packages that “algebra” comprises
of. Otherwise, it seems that having mtl 2.1 in the platform is doable.

I’ll send a mail to these packages maintainers, asking them for a new
version on hackage.

@Debian Haskell Group: Who volunteers to update the algebra packages,
and who takes care of updating the happstack packages to the newly named
packages?

Greetings,
Joachim

--