gearing up for 2012.4.0.0

Mikhail Glushenkov the.dead.shall.rise at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 19:37:31 BST 2012

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 3:39 PM, Tsuyoshi Ito
<tsuyoshi.ito.2006 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Related to the discussion on inclusion of GHC 7.6: GHC 7.6 has a
> Windows 64-bit version.  Is Haskell Platform for 64-bit Windows also a
> possibility?  I do not have a pressing need for it right now, but
> running a 64-bit compiler is at least aesthetically pleasing: I am
> running a 64-bit OS, so why not use a 64-bit compiler?  In addition, I
> may sometimes want to run a quick-and-dirty one-time program for which
> I do not want to spend time to reduce memory requirement, although I
> have never tried this approach with Haskell.  So I am curious to see
> Haskell Platform for 64-bit Windows if it is realistic.

It's not unrealistic, but there may be problems with the C libs
(network/OpenGL/GLUT). I've created a ticket on the Haskell Platform
bug tracker:

http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-platform/ticket/209

I'll try to produce a 64-bit installer and will be posting status updates there.