gearing up for 2012.4.0.0

Tsuyoshi Ito tsuyoshi.ito.2006 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 14:39:42 BST 2012

Hello,

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 6:06 PM, Mark Lentczner
<mark.lentczner at gmail.com> wrote:
> If you are GHC Central: I couldn't find a timeline for 7.6. Will that have
> hit a stable release by October 1st, or should we be planning on shipping
> 7.4.2 (which I think would be fine.)

Related to the discussion on inclusion of GHC 7.6: GHC 7.6 has a
Windows 64-bit version.  Is Haskell Platform for 64-bit Windows also a
possibility?  I do not have a pressing need for it right now, but
running a 64-bit compiler is at least aesthetically pleasing: I am
running a 64-bit OS, so why not use a 64-bit compiler?  In addition, I
may sometimes want to run a quick-and-dirty one-time program for which
I do not want to spend time to reduce memory requirement, although I
have never tried this approach with Haskell.  So I am curious to see
Haskell Platform for 64-bit Windows if it is realistic.

Best regards,
  Tsuyoshi