[Fwd: OSX installer -- first draft]

Gregory Collins greg at gregorycollins.net
Wed Jun 3 16:50:39 EDT 2009

David Menendez <dave at zednenem.com> writes:

>> please could you try out Gregory's Haskell Platform package below and
>> send commentary to the platform list, or file tickets in the platform
>> trac, that'd be great.
>> http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-platform/newticket?component=OSX%20installer
>
> Is this a universal binary, or Intel-only?

Intel-only, I believe :(.  I have no idea how I'd even begin to build
universal binaries for this stuff, nor do I have a non-intel machine to
build it on.

Once I get the installer procedure perfected, perhaps you could
volunteer to build that version of the package?

> Will there be some integration with the existing distribution schemes
> for Mac OS X (fink and macports), or are end users expected to use
> cabal install?

Ultimately packages get registered with GHC via the "ghc-pkg" command,
so the two should be compatible; I'd expect most users would want to
switch to cabal though.

Gregory Collins <greg at gregorycollins.net>